Ballettikka Internettikka: Aeronauttikka, illuminated lightbox prints, 2007
"We shall fight them on the beaches. We shall fight them on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender."
- two lighting frames: color prints on double-layered transparent foil, plastic boxes simulating LCD screens, white lights with two rotating layers, electricity 220 V, wall mountable or fix stand (two separate objects: before and after plane crash)
- 54 x 36 x 7 cm
- authors: Igor Štromajer & Brane Zorman
- theoretical adviser: Bojana Kunst
- special thanks to Anne Roquigny and Irena Pivka
Co-produced by Intima and Cona, Ljubljana.
- Ballettikka Internettikka (Aeronauttikka) on the cover of Pasatiempo, The New Mexicanís Weekly Magazine of Arts, Entertainment and Culture, March 12-18, 2010 (Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA)
Ballettikka Internettikka: Aeronauttikka
exhibited in MMC KIBLA (Kiblix Festival, KiBela Gallery), Maribor, November 2007
Ballettikka Internettikka is a series of live streaming tactical art projects by Igor Štromajer and Brane Zorman that began in 2001 with the research of ballet dancing the HTML and Java source†code. It explores wireless internet performance combined with guerrilla tactics, dancing toy-robots, and mobile internet broadcasting strategies. The ten-year project ended in 2011.
- actual images of both illuminated rolling frames
Additional information about Ballettikka Internettikka Aeronauttikka:
+ BI Aeronauttikka FLICKR Photo Set